Monday, June 12, 2006

Party on the Balcony

The French are funny. They have a slang phrase: Il y a du monde au balcon. Literally, this means "there is a crowd on the balcony." But it is slang for "big boobs."

Amazingly enough, I did not learn this phrase during the 11 months I spent studying and playing (really playing more than studying) in the south of France. No, I heard it on Conan. Kevin Klein was appearing and he said that he always picks up new dirty phrases when he works in France. That was the one example he shared.

Mr. Booby Chick loves the phrase. I have to admit when he said, in a certain voice, yesterday: "there are a lot of people in the balcony" I glanced outside to see why there were people on our porch and what were they doing. Oh, yeah, I remembered, my balcony and looked down. Definitely a lot of people there. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home